WARNING CANDLE CAUTION: Fire Hazard
Before Use: Remove all packaging. Do not use if glass is cracked or damaged. Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire. Place on a heat protected level surface, away from draughts, heat sources and flammable materials. Never leave a candle burning unattended. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
WARNING: To protect your candle holder, do not burn wax right down to the bottom. Stop use when 10mm of wax remains. Use caution when handling glass, it may get hot. Always allow to cool before handling or moving. Should any black smoke appear, trim the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 1/4 Inch / 6mm at all times. If flame continuously smokes, flickers or becomes too high, extinguish immediately. Extinguish candle with lid or snuffer. Never use liquid to extinguish. Do not burn for more than 3 hours at any time.
Candle Care & Burning Tips
These are the golden rules to get the most out of your candles whilst ensuring safety:
- Never ever leave a candle burning unattended, you just can't ever be too sure with an exposed flame. Never leave lit candles alone with children or pets.
- Place candles on steady surfaces that will not burn and will not be damaged by slight heat (from the glass), and keep them away from flammable materials such as curtains.
- Do not let candles burn in a draught or close to a heat source as this will cause the flame to smoke and burn unevenly.
- When you light your candle, make sure it is allowed to burn out to the edge of the glass before extinguishing it. If it only burns for a short while, it will be spoiled by burning downwards and not outwards.
- Trim the wick down to a maximum of 1/4 of an inch after each burn. This stops the flame smoking and gives a much longer life to the candle. If the candle does give off sooty smoke, extinguish it and trim the wick before lighting it again.
- Each time the candle is extinguished, remove the charred pieces of wick, remains of matches and any other impurities from the melted wax pool round the wick. Allow candle to solidify before relighting.
- Use a proper candle lighter and extinguisher to light and put out your candles.
- Always place candles on a heat protected level surface, spaced apart, (especially with multiple wick candles) thus preventing uneven burning.
- The wax used for our candles is intended to give the best results at room temperature.
- If water gets onto the surface of the candle, make sure it is completely removed before lighting as a few drops of water causes the flame to spark and crackle.